Saturday, January 8, 2011

Emotions

When you look inside yourself, what do you feel? What is the passion, motivation that keeps you going? What is your reason to be alive? I've been having a few problems answering these questions lately. I think I go by the fact that my work is the main thing that keeps me going, but then again, I look at other things, I look at my emotions and feelings and while I do so I can't avoid thinking that I seem to be reaching an interesting point at which my emotions appear to be randomly changing.

It is often said that men in their 40s experience a mid-life crisis and while I don't feel inclined to acknowledge this one as such, I see my inner self having interesting questions about who I am and where I'm going. OK, granted, nobody can ever answer these questions, but the daunting questioning is something I have never experienced before. I'm not even talking about the fact that once somebody goes over 40 the possibility of leaving this world is always a chance to face as a tangible one at any given time, and therefore a chance to look inside one's self, I'm talking about the surrounding scenarios behind that chance.

As times change and life shapes into its new self, moving along the path of life seems to be an ever-enjoying adventure charged with new emotions, new people, and new experiences to discover. Whether in crisis or not, the rate of discovery is the only factor to make the rest of the journey worth living it and all whatever important comes my way just needs a bit more careful and deeper attention when evaluated. Life is not just about work after all.

No comments :

Post a Comment